Returning to Kettering Museum for Witch talks and poppet making

I loved the exhibition at Kettering Museum so much I just had to return last weekend. They had a marvellous workshop of poppet making with Jo Archer and first Bard of Northampton Donna Scott gave very interesting and entertaining talks on the trails of Northamptonshire witches plus general information on why these trails took place. The whole day's event finished with a production from 'don't go into the Cellar' entitled 'The Witching hour' at the Alfred East Art Gallery. This was a selection of creepy stories read by a Victorian Gentlemen in a spooky atmosphere of candle light and the sounds of howling winds!

All of these events were free, I got to take home my poppet, even got a glass of wine at the evening event.

            Exhibition at Kettering Museum.


  
       Wall of local stories of Witchcraft.


 Having a go at poppet making with Jo Archer. Thank you to Jo for her patience as I scooted in last minute to do mine lol!


My little poppet taking shape. I didn't have time to finish him as I arrived late but will finish him off and post a photo next week.


                     Some of the exhibits.


Magic in knot making!


                           More exhibits.


Some of Jo Archers creations in the Alfred East Art Gallery. These items are for sale.


Set up for the performance of 'The Witching Hour' by Don't go into the Cellar!


A glass of wine in mid performance.



The Witches of Northamptonshire sadly will be finishing 2nd of June but I highly recommend you go to Kettering Museum and the Alfred East Art Gallery anyway as both are very interesting and they both have lots of free events for all the family. For those of you who live too far away I would highly recommend visiting your own local museums as there are lots of treasures to be found and fun to be had! 


Popular Posts