Gothic Valentine card tutorial by Kat Hazelton


   
                                                                                                                     
Forgotten it's Valentine's Day! Or cannot find any suitable cards for the vampire love of your life. With some simple bits and bobs you can make this lovely homemade Gothic card in less than an hour!


Draw with a sharpie pen some heart shapes. They don't have to be perfect, in fact they look better if they are not.


Take a patterned stamp and stamp over your hearts. It looks better if the stamp is not totally loaded with ink for a soft faded distressed effect. I used Ranger Archival ink.


Now ink over your designs with hues of pink and red. I used Tim Holtz blending tool and Tim Holtz distress inks in candied apple and Pickled Raspberry.


Now cut out some of your larger hearts.


On my card(I bought some ready to use cards from Lidl). I added stamped a lace edge. You could glue on actual lace trimming.



I then cut out some bat shapes using a die cutter. As an alternative you could draw bats, or use bat charms, bat sequins or buttons.


Now glue on your hearts and bats. I also added some little heart gems( bought from The Range), some paper skulls. You could add ribbons, black roses and charms.
I then added 'I'm Batty for you' with pen. You can of course add die cut lettering or stamp words for a more professional finish. But I wanted a more personal homemade touch!
Now your card is ready to give to the vampire love in your life!

Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. It's a simple one but I think it's nice to show with just a few bits and bobs anyone can make a a simple card to give their loved one.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone.







Popular Posts