Making myself a Halloween ornie! Part 1.



 
I was really lucky and got some fabulous Tim Holtz die cutters for my birthday last month one of which was this great Sizzix bigz window die cutter. Inspired by the wonderful creations by Tami Bastiaans and Kath Stewart featured on Tim Holtz website, see bottom of post for link, I thought I would get brave and have a go myself! 





Firstly I cut out my basic window shapes from grey card. The type you get on the back of envelopes. I scored some lines with a cutting knife to create a wood effect. Then used some brown and tan paint to age.


I glued some grungy paper, Tim Holtz last years Halloween paper stash, to a large wooden tag. I bought mine from my local craft store. I also added some paper shelves.


For the view I used a photo of my husband taking out dog for a walk in a spooky wood. Sadly we lost our dear dog this year so this is a little tribute to him to make me smile!
For the glass in the window I glued a piece of plastic from a plastic packaging which would have ended up being put in the bin! So a bit of recycling there!


Now I started adding bits and bobs. The spiderweb, hat and ghosts are from the new set of Tim Holtz thinlit dies (photo below) The rest are bits and pieces I had in my craft stash.



I then added some wooden potion bottles from Calio craft parts. Please visit their website for fab range of Halloween and steampunk wood and Mdf shapes.
http://www.calicocraftparts.co.uk/

These I painted with inks and crayons to age them. I also added some cute miniature glass jars which were made by my friend Jenny Kelm of Kastlekelm miniatures.
Please visit Jenny's website  https://kastlekelm.wixsite.com/kastlekelm


My ornament is coming along, I will be adding some more goodies next week including how to make a witches broom. So please pop by to see the 2nd instalment to see how I get on.

For more information on Tim Holtz Halloween lines please visit his website
https://timholtz.com/2019-sizzix-chapter-3-halloween/


Please note I get no financial gain from mentioning any products or artists on my blog. I do it purely for the love of crafting. I take no responsibility for purchase you may make from anyone mentioned. 

Popular Posts