What do witches wear?

Hello my dear blog readers. Well this year hasn't quite worked out the way I planned. I had all these fabulous articles and ideas for my blog this year but with studying for my diploma and then dealing with the grief of loosing both my Dog and my Dad life has taken me on a bit of a journey I didn't plan! But fear not all those plans and ideas are all saved in my magic note book and as soon as I am back on an even keel I shall get back to exploring the world of witches, goblins, ghouls and ghosties and get posting again!
I have managed to find time, in between studying, to settle down and watch series two of Britannia on Sky Atlantic,which I am loving! I loved the first series and some of the 2nd series was filmed at Puzzlewood which we visited last month, so we are loving playing the game 'spot where we stood last month' lol! Apart from loving the 'strange brew' way that Britannia is filmed which in itself is unusual TV viewing. At times it makes you feel like you are going on a hippie drug induced trip! Not that I would know but I can use my imagination lol. I am as ever particularly impressed by the fabulous costumes in the series. Historically lets say the costumes are more fantasy than historically accurate, there again I wasn't around during the time of the Druids so who knows what they wore? But as a lover of costume design I love that the costumes give the characters that other worldly feel!
Which made me think about what sort of clothing Witches,and magical folk might have worn and why? Where did the traditional image of a pointed hat wearing witch come from? Well I found this fab article on my cyber travels that sheds some light on these questions. Please visit this link:
http://costumesociety.org.uk/blog/post/fashioning-witchcraft



Some of the beautiful costumes from series two of Sky Atlantic's Britannia series.




Popular Posts