Witches brooms make your own!


One of my miniature hat and broom made many years ago in 2010! Time does fly like a witches broom lol!

I been gathering twigs from my garden on and off since the winter. Storing them by for a rainy day! Well as we are having a few rainy days (lol) I decided to dig them out and make some minature Witches brooms. I used to make hundreds of them many moons ago when I used to make dolls house miniatures for a living. They are lovely thing to make and no two are the same. Each one has it's own character depending on the material you use. You can make flat ones using lolly pop sticks for handles which are handy for gluing into cards or making into book marks. You can also use more rounded cake pop sticks, drinking straws, pencils or of course sticks from your garden. For bristles you can use real bristles cut from old brooms or dust pan brushes, from strips of lace, string, paper, or wool! More inventive the better and it's a good way to use up odd items! You can then add pretty ribbons, charms and beads to add a touch of glamour!
While I was looking around pinterest for inspiration I not only found a photo of one of my own little miniature hat and broom set but a fab link to an article which shows you how to make herb brooms! Really fabulous and worth a visit. Here is the link! Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜Š
https://gillyflowerfaire.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/witches-get-your-broom-on-or-get-on-your-broom/

Herb brooms please visit link. 

Will post an update on my miniature Witches brooms soon so pop by๐Ÿ˜Š

Popular Posts