Kat Make Tutorial, Great Uncle Prometheus!


Whilst looking through an old chest in my attic I found a photo of my fourth Great Uncle Prometheus. No one really knows his history. My great grandmother said he came from somewhere cold and was connected to a Doctor Frankenstein, though this was never spoken about! He lived a very long age despite his war injuries one if which was a nasty cut across his forehead. My Mum said that local children said he could remove and scratch his brain! Kids can be silly and cruel! But then some kids like adults do make up some crazy things!



To create my portrait of my Great Uncle Prometheus I used a fabulous image of a Gentleman found in a pack of Tim Holtz Idea-ology framed portraits TH93616. You could use Tim Holtz paper doll, an image from a magazine or a photocopy of a real family photo. 

To give my Great Uncle a ghostly glow I coloured him in with a green marker. I used Winsor &Newton Promarker but you could use Sharpies or Tim Holtz Distress crayons. Then with a fine liner I added some 'Frankenstein Monster' stitches. 
Once dry I glued on a sheet of glass over my portrait. I used an old phone screen protector as I loved all the scratches and cracks, plus I like to recycle products. But for safety reasons I would recommend using a piece of clear acrylic sheet. 
I then glued on a picture frame which came from a packet of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baseboard Frame TH93710.


I then added some 'bling' using various metal findings from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range. You could use old jewellery, beads or even old buttons.

To age I spritzed and flicked a combination of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink, Mica sprays using various tones of browns and coppers. I also used these to dye my purple paper roses to give them a more aged grunge look. To add a little colour to the metal findings I rubbed in some distress crayons. 

Depending on what you want to use your portrait for either glue straight into a scrapbook or onto a card. If you are wanting to use it as a decoration cover the back in pretty paper to cover any untidiness and add a ribbon to hang it on the wall. 


Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I hope it inspires you to have a go at creating. If you have any questions please get in touch via here or my Instagram page I am always happy to help if I can. 
More 'Kat Makes' and spooky postings coming soon.๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ
Kat ๐Ÿ˜Š





Popular Posts