Making a Halloween Tag ornament by Kat Hazelton.

 

Making a Halloween tag ornament.

Firstly the fun part is gathering my chosen shapes and trying out various scenes. I am using Halloween MDF shapes. Once I am happy with the layout I take a photo. I find this really useful not only for reminding myself where to glue my shapes but in case I get interrupted, or my craft space gets invaded by the Cat or Craft Pixies! 🐈 🧚🀣 Many a time I have gone for lunch or to answer the doorbell to return to find a disturbed craft mat!!!! 🀣

The scene I have chosen is of a haunted house. The little house has cut out windows which I want to glow in the dark. So I painted the area where my house is going to go with a base of white acrylic paint. Then several layers of glow in the dark paint. I then left this to dry. 

Once the glow in the dark paint had dried I glued on my haunted house and other shapes then gave them all an undercoat of white matt acrylic paint. Then using a mixture of black, purple, green and yellow acrylic paints I painted my spooky scene. To add moonlit highlights I used a white Posca paint marker pen. 

I then left it to thoroughly dry. 


To add some bling I edged the tag with black paste sprinkled with pretty black glitter. I applied this with a palette knife(spatula). I then glued on a metal word tag, this came from a four pack of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween word plaques. To highlight the letters I used some white acrylic paint. 



To finish off my Halloween tag I added a thin 3mm bright green ribbon and a Halloween metal tag from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween range. 

Now the fun part I put my make under a strong light so test out the glow in the dark windows which worked really well. I added a couple more layers of glow in the dark paint on my moon to give it more glow! πŸŒ’

Now it's ready to hang up. So during the day I will see a haunted house scene and during the night it will come to life with a spooky glow! 

🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜✨🌜


Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I hope it inspires you to have a go at creating. If you have any questions please get in touch via here or my Instagram page I am always happy to help if I can. 


More 'Kat Makes' and spooky postings coming soon.πŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒ


Kat 😊




Popular Posts