Making simple tinned candles


These tin candles are really easy to make and make a perfect Yuletide gift. There are lots of kits available online which I highly recommend as it will come with all you need to get started. But individual supplies are also easy to get hold off from craft shops.
Firstly I stuck the candle wick into the centre of my tins, I bought pre-dipped candle wicks but you can dip your own string in wax. There are loads of youtube videos showing this technique. I gently heated the bees wax on a low heat in a metal container on my hob until fully melted. I kept these candles sent free so I didn't use my thermometer. I gently poured the wax into the tins and left to set. Once set I gently warmed the surface with my embossing gun and when a thin layer of melted wax appeared I sprinkled on some dried flower petals, I used cornflowers and heather. Then once set and cool I dusted on some mica power to add some magical sparkle! 

Witchy Candle!
Here is an alternative version which I made using the same technique. This time I added dried black flower petals( violas from my garden) and then added a miniature crystal ball and witch charm( Tim Holtz Idea-ology).
 Then when set and cool I dusted it with purple and gold mica to add some magical sparkle. Please note the crystal and charm should he removed before lighting so if making them for a gift pop an instruction leaflet.

Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I hope it inspires you to have a go at creating. If you have any questions please get in touch via here or my Instagram page I am always happy to help if I can. 

More 'Kat Makes' and spooky postings coming soon.๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ



Popular Posts