Witchy Wednesday, making a miniature Witches broom by Kat Hazelton.

 


Wizard’s or witch’s broom 


Broom main

You will need

  • Bamboo kebab stick 
  • Tacky glue
  • Brown florists tape
  • Secateurs or wood clippers
  • Old scissors
  • Cotton thread 
  • Thatching material

 Instructions

1. Cut the bamboo kebab stick in half and remove the point. You'll have two slightly different sized sticks, perfect for making two brooms.

Broom step 1

2. Wind the brown florist's tape down the stick, completely covering the stick and both ends.

Broom step 2

3. Cut a piece of the coconut fibre thatching material about 3in long by about 1/2in diameter. Then dip about 1/4in or 1cm of the handle into tacky glue. Lay the handle on the bristles and gently bring the bristles around the handle. Use cotton thread to wind around the bristles 10 times before knotting and trimming.

Broom step 3


Once the glue is dry your broom is ready for magical purposes! 

Extras..... Add ribbons, flowers and charms to your broom and give it as a gift to a friend to bring them luck. 

Other brooms I have more recently. These were made using sticks from my garden and using different materials for bristles including raffia and string.

Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I hope it inspires you to have a go at creating. If you have any questions please get in touch via here or my Instagram page I am always happy to help if I can. 

More 'Kat Makes' and spooky postings coming soon.๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ

Popular Posts