Witchy Wednesday, Poppets!



Photos of Poppets and pins from a past exhibition at Kettering in Northamptonshire I attended. 

This week is all about Witches and dolls. On Mondays I posted a feature about Jenny Kelm of Kastlekelm Miniatures and her fabulous Witch Dolls today for Witchy Wednesday I thought it would be nice to share some links to interesting articles on magical dolls also known as poppets! 

The subject of poppets is something of a person subject for me as it's my nickname! My Mum has always called me Poppet and still does. In my family it is term of endearment but when it comes to witchcraft poppets also have a more darker more intriguing history! 

Here are a selection of really interesting links I found on YouTube about Poppets, including one on how to make your very own magical poppet! 

A really interesting film by Elisa Gray.




Another really interesting talk on poppets by Doctor Louise Fenton from the University of Wolverhampton. 



Interesting talk by Witchfest



A wonderful crafting tutorial on how to make a poppet by Magical Crafting. 


Poppets at the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic.
 
Please visit link below for the story on these poppets at the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic in Cornwall. 

For general Witchcraft studies I highly recommend visiting the Museum of Witchcraft in Cornwall either in person or you can also do research through their website. 

https://museumofwitchcraftandmagic.co.uk/register/

 

A poppet found in a chimney of a house in Padstow, Cornwall, in the 1990s. Reportedly, in the 1950s, this figurine was known as "Mother Shipton" named after the famous Mother Shipton from Yorkshire.
Image and information from https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Doyle_of_London/Cornwall


๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ

Some folklore stories and articles about History can be quite scary and disturbing and may have some adult content. So I would always advise visiting, reading and viewing any links before showing or reading to younger children.


๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ

Popular Posts