Witchy Wednesday! Look back in time



I thought it would be nice this Witchy Wednesday to travel back in time with some old documentaries and movies about Witches and Witchcraft.

Here is a fab film showing what Cornwall's 'The Museum of Witchcraft' looked like in the 1960's. I have been lucky enough to visit this Museum way back in the 70's, 80's, 90's and a few years ago. It really is a fabulous museum! This video plays on YouTube, press play 'watch on youtube'.  All the rest play via this blog site just press the arrow when you want to view it. 



1970's BBC programme on Witches and Witchcraft 


An interesting interview with real Witch Sybil Leek in 1963. 



A 1977 interview with Witch of Wexford Janet Farrar. 


Now for a real treat. Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and settle down for a couple of hours and watch the 1942 film 'I married a Witch' with the beautiful and bewitching Veronica Lake. 


And to finish off some Witch themed tunes!

Witch's Promise by Jethro Tull.


Witch's Promise Lyrics.

Lend me your ear while I call you a fool.

You were kissed by a witch one night in the wood,

And later insisted your feelings were true.

The witch's promise was coming,

Believing he listened while laughing you flew.

Leaves falling red, yellow, brown, all are the same,

And the love you have found lay outside in the rain.

Washed clean by the water but nursing its pain.

The witch's promise was coming, and you're looking

Elsewhere for your own selfish gain.

Keep looking, keep looking for somewhere to be,

Well, you're wasting your time, they're not stupid like he is.

Meanwhile leaves are still falling, you're too blind to see.

You won't find it easy now, it's only fair.

He was willing to give to you, you didn't care.

You're waiting for more but you've already had your share.

The witch's promise is turning, so don't you wait up

For him, he's going to be late.


The Rattles-The Witch



The Witch Lyrics.

Can't you see me runnin'

I am really runnin' for my life

Guess from where I'm comin'

Guess why I'm runnin' for my life

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see my deathfear

I can hear her voice shoutin' everywhere

Who know what I've could done

It must be so bad that a witch does care

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch

Can't you see the witch by my side

Can't you see the witch


A fab clip from 1963, I think from TV programme 'Ready Steady Go' I will research this further, where contestants are judged on their performance of Brenda Lee's 'lets jump the broomstick' single. Judged by the Beatles!




And lastly a bit of fun from the 1970's cartoon The Groovie Goolies episode Witches Brew!

 



๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ

Some folklore stories and articles about History can be quite scary and disturbing and may have some adult content. So I would always advise visiting, reading and viewing any links before showing or reading to younger children.

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ

Popular Posts