Double Double toil and trouble 13 Day's till Halloween!

 

Welcome to day 8 of my '12 Day's till Halloween. This one is based on the three Witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth! 

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Round about the cauldron go;

In the poison’d entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone

Days and nights has thirty-one

Swelter’d venom sleeping got,

Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

In the cauldron boil and bake;

Eye of newt and toe of frog,

Wool of bat and tongue of dog,

Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting,

Lizard’s leg and owlet’s wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,

Witches’ mummy, maw and gulf

Of the ravin’d salt-sea shark,

Root of hemlock digg’d i’ the dark,

Liver of blaspheming Jew,

Gall of goat, and slips of yew

Silver’d in the moon’s eclipse,

Nose of Turk and Tartar’s lips,

Finger of birth-strangled babe

Ditch-deliver’d by a drab,

Make the gruel thick and slab:

Add thereto a tiger’s chaudron,

For the ingredients of our cauldron.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Cool it with a baboon’s blood,


Then the charm is firm and good.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

This mixed media make was made using a MDF ATC (artist trading cards) from Calico Craft Parts. Other shapes were in my craft stash. I began by gluing all the mdf shapes onto my ATC then painting them with a base coat of white acrylic paint. Once dry I used Cosmic Shimmer pixie powders to paint my scene. Once dry I used Nuvo drops ( from Tonic Studios )  to create the content of the bubbling cauldron. I then added some chipboard Halloween wording which came from Tim Holtz Halloween range of Idea-ology. Then to finish off I glued on a glass eyeball bead and charms. 

I hope you enjoyed today's 'Kat Make' I will be posting this tutorial on my blog page later. Watch out for number 7 tomorrow! 

Useful links

For more information about Shakespeare's Macbeth please visit the Royal Shakespeare Company's link below 🔗

https://www.rsc.org.uk/macbeth/

https://timholtz.com/

https://www.tonic-studios.co.uk/

https://www.calicocraftparts.co.uk/



🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

I will from time to time post some links to spooky craft products, merchandise and other cool things on my blog. I do not get any financial gain from mentioning them I do it because I like to share information and show my support to businesses large and small. Please always check out the sellers before parting with your hard earned cash. I am not responsible for what happens beyond my blog! But I do hope you enjoy what I share and have fun with whatever goodies you buy.

The same applies to any links I post. I post them as I like to share what I find whilst researching witches and folklore. Please always check them out before reading or showing them to children. Some sites may contain adult content or might be just way too spooky especially for younger children! 

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Popular Posts