Witchy Wednesday, making stars🌟🌟🌟

Use in a Witchypoo scene! 


Making pretty stars!

This Witchy Wednesday I thought it would be nice to reshare a tutorial I did last year on how to make pretty stars to decorate wreaths, use in mixed media projects or even just to hang with a ribbon on a tree. The joy of stars are they can be used all year round for lots of craft projects and make lovely gifts for friends and family. 

To make the magical stars like above you will need. 

MDF or wooden star shapes. 

Inks (Tim Holtz) or mixture of metallic paints

Nuvo drops(or similar) 

Sculpting paste and sculpting tool I used a toothpick. 

Glitter. 

Plus any other 'bling' you fancy adding. 

To decorate firstly I smoothed any rough surfaces with some sandpaper. To be honest these wood shapes from Hobbycraft were ready to decorate but I find a little sand helps adhesion. I then applied a marble size blob of modeling paste directly onto the wooden surface. Using a toothpick I made rough patterns. I then added (randomly) Tonic Studios Nuvo drops and little pinches of glitter. I left them all a full day to dry/set. 


Once dry to colour them I used various Tim Holtz Distress Oxide sprays and drops of water to blend and add speckles. Little tip put some nice paper underneath when spraying you can then capture all those oversprays! Makes for great die cutting paper! Waste not want not! πŸ˜‰


Now your stars are ready for using in your craft projects. 
 

you can make a little 3d scene

Use them to decorate a wreath.

People tend to think of wreaths at Christmas but you can make a wreath all year for different seasons and occasions. Try adding seasonal items such as hearts for Valentine's, or Eggs for Easter or different flowers for the seasons. 



πŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸ

My blog is an online scrapbook from time to time I like to post links to craft products, merchandise and other cool things. I do not get any financial gain from mentioning them I do it because I like to share information and show my support to businesses large and small. Please always check out the sellers before parting with your hard earned cash. I am not responsible for what happens beyond my blog! But I do hope you enjoy what I share and have fun with whatever goodies you buy.

The same applies to any links I post. I post them as I like to share what I find whilst researching witches and folklore for my own hobby and studies. Please always check them out before reading or showing them to children. Some sites may contain adult content or might be just way too spooky especially for younger children! 

Thank you for reading my blog and for your support and kind words. 

Kat 😊

πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸŽ„


Popular Posts