Witch Krafts! Making background papers for craft projects


Some of my background papers made using acrylic paint on a Gelliarts plate.


Hi everyone well since the start of the new year I have been spending a bit of time making background papers. Those of you who know me or have followed me here and on my Instagram page know that not only do I love to explore the world of Witches, Folklore and Cryptozoology but I also love crafting especially influenced by these themes. Normally I come up with a project and work my way from start to finish which is methodical but can be also a bit stressful and lacking some creative freedom! So this year I am trying to be a little more mindful in my creating. So I am getting back to basics and starting off by creating background papers. These are extremely fun to make and also very relaxing way to spend a few minutes or a few hours a day! Using various mediums such as acrylic paints, inks, watercolour pencils, stamps, stencils, gel plates and lino printing techniques you can create your own patterned paper. They are really easy to do and a great way to explore mixed media crafting if you are new to mixed media or if you are very into mixed media already an added skill to explore further!


More of my background papers.


What do you use background papers for?

The answer is an awful lot! The joy is you can make them in batches and store them away to use in future projects such as MDF crafts, decoupage journalling/scrapbooks, collage art. They also perfect for Card making, gift tags, wrapping paper and die cutting. Being as they are created by you no two will be exactly the same even if stamped with the same stamp. 

New 'Kat make' tutorials coming soon!

Please keep an eye here and on my Instagram page as I will be doing some new Kat make tutorials soon. To start with I shall be showing you how to make background papers using items found around the home. Which not only makes for interesting textures and effects but  is a great way to reuse and upcycle items. A little happier crafting for the environment (without being too serious or preachy!) and something which all our wallets and purses will appreciate! Something our little wallets and purses will definitely all welcome! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Back soon ........ remember to pop by on Wednesday for my Witchy Wednesday articles! 

My Instagram please join me to see my postings and have a natter ☺️

https://www.instagram.com/witchkraftingwithkat

 



Popular Posts