British Witches, a Witchy Wednesday article.

 

Witchcraft and witches in the UK: Exploring 14 famous witch trials and stories.

Welcome to another Witchy Wednesday. This week I am sharing a couple of links to really interesting articles I found whilst researching. 

Learn more about some of Britains most famous witches and wise men via Countryfile's historical guide. Please visit the link below to read their really interesting and informative article. 


Molly Leigh also known as the Burslem Witch. 

Margaret 'Molly' Leigh
 1685– March 1748.

Here is a more sympathetic and in my view a truer account of the life of Molly Leigh as done by Richard Ault from Stoke On Trent Live.

Has Molly Leigh been cruelly smeared by legend, when in fact she was a kindly benefactor of Burslem and a champion of women's rights?

Please visit Stoke On Trent Live link for full article. 


The grave of Molly.
Another account by the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/articles/2006/03/03/molly_leigh_witch



Back soon ........ remember to pop by on Wednesdays for my Witchy Wednesday articles! 

 ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ

Some website links listed may contain Adult material which may not be suitable for children so I would advise visiting them before showing or allowing access to younger viewers. I am also not responsible for their content.
I do not financially benefit from posting other peoples links or events here on my blog page.
All content posted here are part of my own personal studies into Witchcraft, Folk Lore and Cryptozoology. I have always had a great love for Folk stories and the history of Witchcraft and thought it would be nice to share my interest via this blog๐Ÿ˜Š
Please be advised as with most Folklore tales there is a great element of hearsay, speculation and story telling, a lot of accounts are based on word of mouth and the views and attitudes within these historical accounts and stories are of their time or of the original author and do not necessarily reflection of my own.

๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ


Popular Posts