Making a mini Witches Broom, a Witchy Wednesday article.

 


This 'Witchy Wednesday' I thought it would be nice to re share with you how to make a miniature Witches Broom, also known as a Besom. These little brooms make magical gifts for friends, are excellent for use in magic making and are perfect projects for half term! These little brooms can easily be adapted for children's crafts by pre cutting sticks and substituting the wire for rubber bands. If using wire and clippers I recommend adult supervision or a project for older children.

You will need. 

Sticks. Please do not break twigs from trees! Only use what has naturally fallen from trees and bushes or been thoughtfully pruned from your own garden. ๐Ÿ˜Š You can also purchase pre cut sticks in Craft stores.

Sturdy garden Secateurs ( garden pruners).

String for broom bristles.

Thread for tying. 

Wire.

PVA or UHU glue. 

Ribbons and trimmings. 

Assorted of metal charms.


Taking your secateurs carefully snip off any thorns, little branches or leaves. I used some of my Blackthorn which was already pruned and dried. 

I then cut off a generous lengths of string. These have to be able to go all around your stick without any gaps. If in doubt make your string lengths longer and amount of them wider. You can always trim down once glued. 

Run a line of glue around one end of your stick and position it as in the photo. You want to have a generous length for your broom bristles. Gather your string around the broom stick handle and for extra security tie with thread. 


To cover the thread, and any glue marks, wrap around your broom with wire as shown in photo. Now leave your broom to thoroughly dry. 

Once dry you can add your decorative details. I have added some ribbon to hide the wire. I then wound some pretty trimming up handle of my broom, securing with UHU glue. Then I finished my broom by adding metal charms.

If you want to hang your broom up just add some string or ribbon to the handle. 

Well I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and it inspires you to have a go. I hope to do more tutorials soon. 

Happy Witchkrafting x

Kat Hazelton ๐Ÿ˜Š



An old woodcut images of Witches and the Devil riding on Besoms more modernly known as brooms.


Some of my handmade mini brooms made with string and raffia bristles.


Back soon ........ remember to pop by on Wednesday for my Witchy Wednesday articles! 





๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ

Some website links listed may contain Adult material which may not be suitable for children so I would advise visiting them before showing or allowing access to younger viewers.


๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒฟ







Popular Posts