Making a spooky Halloween pumpkin tag by Kat Hazelton.

πŸŽƒMaking a simple spooky Halloween pumpkin tag!πŸŽƒ

by Kat Hazelton of Witchkrafting with Kat!

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

This is a really simple way to make a Halloween gift tag and perfect for using up scraps of paper and for recycling cardboard. 

To make the main part of my tag I used a Sizzix Bigz bookmark die and cardboard packaging left over from a well known delivery company! (Hint Amazon! πŸ˜†) 

There are many tag and gift label dies on the market if however you don't own a die cutting machine you can also hand cut a tag shape from card or easier still buy some precut tags from a craft shop. I know as I type Hobbycraft in the UK sell them as do other craft shops.

The pumpkin/Jack 'o' Lantern shapes were cut using metal dies I purchased a while ago from Ebay.  The cardstock used to cut them from my stash of little scrap pieces, possibly Sizzix cardstock but I am not 100% certain but very similar in thickness and texture.  

Once I cut all my pumpkin shapes I glued them straight onto my tag. I used PVA glue. 

Once I was sure the shapes were firmly stuck on I gave the whole tag a coat of thinned down white Gesso. Doing this gives it a nice base for adding pens, crayons or inks depending what you choose to use.



Once my layer of thinned down white Gesso had dried I added some shading with an assortment of Tim Holtz Distress Crayons ( Ranger ).  I applied this onto and around my pumpkins with my fingers. I also added brown to add edge my tag and add some grunge!  I also cut and glued on some wording from a packet of Tim Holtz Halloween Ideal-ology. 


To finish off my spooky pumpkin tag I added some pretty Autumnal coloured threads which my friend gave me. πŸ‘πŸ₯° Plus a little metal pumpkin bell which I found lurking in my craft stash. I have seen these bells for sale on Ebay and Etsy so worth looking around online sellers. 

My tag is now ready to use either as a gift tag or as a little Halloween decoration.
I hope you enjoyed this simple tag tutorial and it encourages you to have a go at making your own. 

I will be posting more 'Kat makes' here on my blog soon so please pop by and also keep in touch with me via Instagram. You can ask my questions and have a natter there. 

This is me on Instagram please visit and join me. 

Until then
 'Happy Witchkrafting!'
Kat x
πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ‘»


Popular Posts