Vintage Halloween postcards, a Witchy Wednesday article.

 

Date 1910


Welcome to another Witchy Wednesday, as we are now into October things are getting even more spookier! Each week I shall be posting about things I associate with Halloween! This week its my favourite early 20th Century Halloween postcards. These gorgeous, at times quite weird, postcards became a popular tradition to send to family, friends and love ones. Today these original vintage cards are extremely collectable and due to their age and being mostly copyright free ( please always do your own homework )  great for reprinting and using for art and craft projects.

I have added some information to some of the postcards such as age and the artist. I will continue to update if I source additional information.

All are original designs, no AI, and sourced from various online libraries and museum archives. 


Some great places to do online historical research.

https://digitalarchive.tpl.ca/

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/

https://collections.digitalmaryland.org/

https://publicdomainreview.org/

Date 1908.


Date 1913

Date 1913

Date 1908



Date 1908 

Date around 1910
























Artist Ellen H. Clapsaddle 1909


Thank you for visiting my blog.
Please visit again next week for another Witchy Wednesday article.
Have a magical week.

Kat
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Popular posts from this blog

Making a spirit doll part one

Making a spirit doll part two.

Wonderful resource of information!